Saturday, January 24, 2009

Expensive but worth it!

And there you have it folks, Jaiden has made it through the entire process and now I really can't believe what a beautiful young lady she is becoming. She was scheduled to get her braces off in December. They had to push it back to Feb 10 because she wasn't wearing her rubberbands enough. Then on Jan. 22, I dropped the kids at school and went home to get ready for work. The phone rang and it was the orthodontists office. They had an opening and wanted to see if Jaiden would like to come and get her braces off today. I explained to them the reason they had moved it back, so she wanted to double check with the orthodontist. When she came back she said,"Go ahead and bring her in. If she is ready today we will take them off, if she is not ready today, then more than likely she won't be ready in two weeks and she will have to keep them on a bit longer. But either way then you'll know."


I went and checked Jaiden out, she had no idea why and we headed to the orthodontist. As I explained to her that she would either have them off today or have to have them past the tenth, she sighed and said,"I know I'm gonna have to have them longer!" But to her surprise when we got there, Dr. Swenson said he had seen a big improvement and she could get them off! I haven't seen her so excited in quite a while. After they had taken all the brackets off and were waiting for the glue removal, she looked at me wide eyed and said,"If its gonna be a minute, can I just go look at them?" She did and they look amazing! This isn't the best picture, but I had to take it with my phone, because the camera was dead.




A big thank you to all the staff at Dr. Swensons office and of course to Dr. Swenson, they did an awesome job!!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

That's so exciting! You look beautiful, Jaiden!!